News

The History of H.N. Lucas


H.N. Lucas & Son was formed in 1950 by Frank Lucas, Father of Virginia Davidson. In 1980, the ownership was transferred to Virginia & James Davidson. The business was relocated from 4572 Ditman Street in Philadelphia, PA to NJ. Since 1991 Davidson Industries T/A H.N. Lucas & Son has been operating at 211 Carriage Lane, Delran, NJ.

In December 30, 2008, after working at H.N. Lucas & Son for over 26 years Stephen and his wife Pamela Lloyd, purchased H.N. Lucas & Son, transferring the ownership to SPL Holdings LLC T/A  H.N. Lucas & Son. In addition to being a certified Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB), we are proud to continue the family owned and operated business with Steve, Pam and their two children Ashley and Stephen.

The sense of family extends not just to the actual family members here at H.N. Lucas, but to each and every employee within the company. The dedication of our employees, some who have been with H.N. Lucas for over 20 years, reflects in the company's stability and commitment to quality work and on time delivery.